Friday, October 28, 2011

Excitment! ... And so much anxiety ...

      I just got word last night that I was selected out of three people to rent an apartment I looked at last week. Though I am super excited to be on my own, I will be 40 miles from home. 40 miles from friends and family and people I rely on for help and support.

On the other hand, I won't have to get  my babies up at 5:00 in the morning to take them to the babysitter because she's only five blocks from the new apartment! I won't have to get up at 4:00 am to drive the 45 minutes it takes to get to work, nor will I have to worry about $200 a month in gas.
      
But the anxiety is still there. I feel like I will be alone. And it's kind of scary to me. 

But I am a people person, and I'm sure I will do just fine. It's just taking that first big step that may or may not knock the wind out of me that I worry about. My babies and I will settle in and make this place our home.       

Well now that I've talked through that, I have to figure out how to afford groceries after I pay rent, deposit, and utilities!

Thanks for listening!

What have you done recently that made you feel scared and alone? How did you overcome those feelings?

No comments:

Post a Comment