Friday, June 22, 2012

Here we go!

So in my quest to provide the best education possible for my boys, the question has come up of how I will afford the needed materials.

And for a time, I was a bit puzzled.

But now, I have two words for you:

GARAGE SALES!!

In the last two weeks, I've gotten a TON of educational materials for virtually no money and my kids are already so enthralled by some of the items that I can't wait to get started!




Here's how my treasures stack up:

                    Little Tykes Alligator Teeter Totter:  Retail: $79.99 (www.toysrus.com)
                                                                             I paid: $3
                                                                             Money saved: $76.99
                                                                             Teaches: Physics, Teamwork
                   
                    Casio Piano Keyboard with Teacher Feature:
                                                                              Retail: $68.99 (www.amazon.com)
                                                                              I paid: $14
                                                                              Money saved: $54.99                          
                                                                                      Teaches: Hand-Eye Coordination
                                                                                             (at the very least!)

                     My First Animal Encyclopedias:       Retail: $24.99 (www.amazon.com)
                                                                              I paid: $1
                                                                              Money saved: $23.99
                                                                              Teaches: About most animals A-Z
                     
                    Black & Decker Kid's Tool Set:         Retail: $15.94 (www.toysrus.com)
                                                                              I paid: $1
                                                                              Money saved: $14.94
                                                                              Teaches: Problem solving

I also got about 20 children's books, but I didn't take the time to find the cost of each one; however they are all learning books about feelings, colors, letters, and numbers.

Doesn't seem like much, does it? I didn't thinks so at first, either. Aside from the fact that I saved at least $170, the more I think about the items I purchased, the more educational value they seem to have! All kinds of possibilites just started presenting themselves - things I never thought of as "educational" are suddenly just what my kids need to help them learn about life in the real world.

Definately not my most informative post, but I just had to share with you this change of perspective. I look at everything my kids do and play with in a whole new light now and I think it's a really positive change. They aren't just playing, they're gaining an understanding of the world and how it works and I think it's fasinating! I can't wait to get started!

As always, do your best for your family and I'll do my best for mine!

<3 ~SMF~

No comments:

Post a Comment